Friday, November 5, 2010

Donna of 'A Perfect Gray': How would I describe Marija?

To me she was the 'real deal.' 

She was authentic. She had a grounded voice and she always expressed a well-thought out opinion. In short, I admired her. She reminded me a lot of Patricia Shackelford  over at 'Mrs Blandings', who inspired me to start my own blog. Like Patricia, Marija stood on solid ground. She was confident in herself, and knew her own personal sense of style. 

 via pinterest

I can easily imagine that when she spoke in person, others really wanted to listen to what she had to say. I know I was flattered to get comments from Marija on my posts. She was always thoughtful, mostly witty, and always kind. And although I had high admiration for her style and opinion, I never felt Marija considered herself anything but 'one of the gang' of design bloggers. That in itself is a beautiful quality.

Some folks are smart but not wise. Marija was a lovely lady with a beautiful heart, a smart mind and a wise soul. She was truly the 'real deal.'

Donna



************* * *************

Dear readers,

We would love it if you wanted to contribute to this 'memory blog', and hope that over
time it will be filled with beautiful stories, pictures and tributes from all and everyone of
Marija's friends and family, to create a rich 'guest book' for Cory and the children.

Please email Charlotta or/and Debra for further information.

Many thanks.

xx

2 comments:

Nuha Sofiyan said...

This is my first time getting to know Marija and she seems like a beautiful person inside and out. How sweet of you to create a blog in her memory. I'm sure she would love it. xoxo

Charlotta Ward said...

Donna,
Thank you for your beautiful tribute to Marija. I know it was hard for you to write this and I appreciate you sharing.

Lots of love
Charlotta xx